Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

automatically update the modules on my server

By
on 8/18/14, 11:18 AM 1,540 views

I have installed Odoo from github how can i get automatically update these modules once the developement team update the modules daily

Which kind of server you have?

klacus
on 8/18/14, 12:07 PM
klacus
On 8/18/14, 12:11 PM

Hi.

You need to automatise the github login

and you need to create a cronjob.

Please see this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18725363/how-can-i-get-the-git-repo-on-my-server-to-automatically-sync-with-changes-to-th

Hope this helps.

Ben Bernard

--Ben Bernard--
| 4 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ben Bernard--
Ben Bernard
On 8/18/14, 1:11 PM

I think modules should be updated if some .xml file or database scheme is modified. This is rarely happen in the same mayor version. So, you just have to pull the repo and restart the server.

In more aggresive mode, you can always use option --update=all to start Odoo after everytime you pull the repo. You can put the script in git post-update hooks.

On 8/18/14, 12:08 PM

Ubuntu 14.04

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/18/14, 11:18 AM
Seen: 1540 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM