This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I am using Odoo 8.

I would like to have Odoo update the "cost price" field for each product that I receive from a supplier.

I create a PO, into which I enter the supplier price, but that same price is then not updated on the product form when I receive the products.

How can I achieve this?

Discard
Best Answer

The cost price is used for inventory valuation and COGS calculation. Inventory valuation has to follow legal requirements and business rules. For more information see for example: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/functional/valuation.html    

If you want to create sales prices based on a markup on purchase prices, use a sales pricelist based on supplier prices, see this thread as a hint (only): https://www.odoo.com/forum/hilfe-1/question/sales-pricelist-based-on-supplier-prices-26199            

Discard
Author

OK, understood. What I am trying to achieve is to have a pricelist based on the price that was paid to the supplier, i.e. purchase_price+markup=resale_price. I would like the user to have to input the purchase price, then have Odoo calculate the resale price based on a predefined markup percentage. Is there some way of doing this?

I have amended my answer.

Best Answer

Hello Daniel,

You can to use the Costing Method with average price to do that

Discard
Author

Hi Julio. I just tried that. It is definitely in the right direction, but not exactly what I need. I would like to have the cost price updated to whatever the most recent purchase price was. With average price it averages the previous prices (obviously :-)) Is that feasible?

Best Answer

My customer has a similar requirement. I would like to set the Costing Method to FIFO and then adapt the first item from the vendor pricelist for that product. So I would consider the actual price from the PO for inventury valuation but the cost price (as per the price list) for BoM calculation. Will this lead to any issues?

BTW this is for current Odoo versions in general.

Discard
Best Answer

For more recent Odoo versions, this free module can help: stock_last_purchase_price.

This module allows you to update your product's cost as your last purchase price and changes the stock valuation based on that

Regards.

Discard