Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Automatically update cost price for incoming stock

By
Daniel Holden
on 3/29/16, 10:47 AM 359 views

I am using Odoo 8.

I would like to have Odoo update the "cost price" field for each product that I receive from a supplier.

I create a PO, into which I enter the supplier price, but that same price is then not updated on the product form when I receive the products.

How can I achieve this?

Julio Serna
On 3/29/16, 1:59 PM

Hello Daniel,

You can to use the Costing Method with average price to do that

Hi Julio. I just tried that. It is definitely in the right direction, but not exactly what I need. I would like to have the cost price updated to whatever the most recent purchase price was. With average price it averages the previous prices (obviously :-)) Is that feasible?

Daniel Holden
on 3/29/16, 2:18 PM

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 3/30/16, 1:59 AM

The cost price is used for inventory valuation and COGS calculation. Inventory valuation has to follow legal requirements and business rules. For more information see for example: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/functional/valuation.html    

If you want to create sales prices based on a markup on purchase prices, use a sales pricelist based on supplier prices, see this thread as a hint (only): https://www.odoo.com/forum/hilfe-1/question/sales-pricelist-based-on-supplier-prices-26199            

OK, understood. What I am trying to achieve is to have a pricelist based on the price that was paid to the supplier, i.e. purchase_price+markup=resale_price. I would like the user to have to input the purchase price, then have Odoo calculate the resale price based on a predefined markup percentage. Is there some way of doing this?

Daniel Holden
on 3/30/16, 2:29 AM

I have amended my answer.

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/30/16, 3:49 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/29/16, 10:47 AM
Seen: 359 times
Last updated: 3/30/16, 1:59 AM