Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

automatically create a directory structure for a project in document management

By
Nitin Bhide
on 2/8/13, 3:08 AM 2,649 views

I am trying to configure OpenERP such that every project created, a directory structure is automatically created.

For example,once project is created 1. a top level directory for the project is created. 2. inside this project directory I want to create directories like 'drawings', 'reports', 'photos'. 3. The project directory should be accessible only to project users. 4. Also additional permissions have to set on directories like 'photos' should viewable by customer by not editable.

I read the documentation about "Mapping between OpenERP Resources and Directories" However I am still not able to create the directories on project creation and set the appropriate permissions.

Will appreciate any pointers.

Is this v7.0 or v6.1 or something else?

ton123
on 2/16/13, 4:27 AM

OpenERP v7.0

Sensible Softwares Pvt. Ltd., Nitin Bhide
on 2/17/13, 8:29 AM
Matteo Boscolo
On 2/17/13, 12:55 AM

may be I do not unsware at your queestion, but why do not youse the internal messaging system to store the attachment of each project?

you may have a lot of feature on it, sharing, send e mails ..

regards, Matteo

This is for construction company and they want to share the project related documents like drawings with project team. In such a way the specific folders are accessible to specific roles (e.g. daily progress reports are available to internal team while drawings are available to customer as well).

on 2/17/13, 8:32 AM

Idea is to transition the team to use OpenERP starting with document management.

on 2/17/13, 8:33 AM
dave ellis
On 7/9/13, 9:35 AM

Not sure, but this may help with what you are looking for:

https://doc.openerp.com/5.0/it/book/7/7_19_Documents/7_19_Documents_virtualFiles/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/8/13, 3:08 AM
Seen: 2649 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM