This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I am trying to configure OpenERP such that every project created, a directory structure is automatically created.

For example,once project is created 1. a top level directory for the project is created. 2. inside this project directory I want to create directories like 'drawings', 'reports', 'photos'. 3. The project directory should be accessible only to project users. 4. Also additional permissions have to set on directories like 'photos' should viewable by customer by not editable.

I read the documentation about "Mapping between OpenERP Resources and Directories" However I am still not able to create the directories on project creation and set the appropriate permissions.

Will appreciate any pointers.

Discard

Is this v7.0 or v6.1 or something else?

Author

OpenERP v7.0

Best Answer

may be I do not unsware at your queestion, but why do not youse the internal messaging system to store the attachment of each project?

you may have a lot of feature on it, sharing, send e mails ..

regards, Matteo

Discard
Author

This is for construction company and they want to share the project related documents like drawings with project team. In such a way the specific folders are accessible to specific roles (e.g. daily progress reports are available to internal team while drawings are available to customer as well).

Author

Idea is to transition the team to use OpenERP starting with document management.

Best Answer

Not sure, but this may help with what you are looking for:

https://doc.openerp.com/5.0/it/book/7/7_19_Documents/7_19_Documents_virtualFiles/

Discard