This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi, I know this has been asked all the time and ive viewed already here in the forum the answers...I am really confused now as newbie...I want automatic costumer Ids and Product ids. I use the CRM module also. Pls can someone explain me detailed ( im no coder) how to do this. I know i have to create an xml file. But where i put that file ? into which module ? in the addons list. What i have to do after it ? Pls if someone of the pro's has a moment time ,explain it to a newbie. Thank you very much

Discard
Best Answer

OpenERP automatically creates IDs for customers and products. Check the product_product and res_partner tables in your database, both have an ID field which is automatically update by the system.

Now, if you are looking for sequence like functionality (which can be found on sales orders for example) you will need to create the sequence fields in customers and products (you will need to create a module for that) and relate that field to an external identifier and to a sequence.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi, Thanks for your answer,, as i wrote im an absolute newbie and have not much plan about it but i want to try it. It confuses me that i can set up a sequence field in the admin section. Ive found a module in the net " base partner sequence" this i did install but it seems to work not. I think its not for V7 ..Can you explain me what i have to change in the init, partner_sequence and openerp file from this module ?

Discard