This question has been flagged
3 Replies
When I change something within .xml files in views of ODOO pages I need to update the module I'm currently working on for changes to take effect. This process takes a lot of time.

Is there a way how this can be done automatically? Maybe some kind of setting that I've missed?
Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

For the python changes you can just restart the service to get the change, if the service restarting has to be done automatically you can use the python package watchdog for this, you can check this to see how it is done : Restart Odoo Service Automatically Based On Changes In Python Files

For the XML Changes, there is no need to upgrade the module, without upgrading the module, you can get the changes made in the code instantly if you pass --dev xml in the parameters, see this: Get XML Changes Without Upgrading The Module in Odoo

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Odoo will generate the asset only once. This behavior can be a headache during development, as it requires frequent  server restarts. To overcome this issue, you can use dev=xml in the command line, which will load assets directly, so there will be no need for a server restart.

-c odoo.conf --dev xml

Discard
Best Answer

If you use Odoo.sh and GIT as your code repository, the Odoo.sh platform will upgrade the database and rebuild it every time you push a change.  This won't save you time, but it will be automatic.

Discard