Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Automatic Database Backup

By
Kitsikpui Elliot Elikplim
on 12/13/13, 9:44 AM 2,179 views

Please help, is there module for auto backing up the database to a desired location.

Thierry Godin

--Thierry Godin--
| 8 7 8
Collegien, France
--Thierry Godin--

Thierry Godin
On 12/15/13, 6:38 AM

Hello,

I made a Bash script to run schedduled backups (openerp files +db)

This is for Debian. Backup file is stored on the same server , but you can tune it up to send backup in another location (rsync)

Script is here : Backup script

Download link at the bottom of the page.

Best regards

Hi. Excelent job!!! Can you create an English commented version?

klacus
on 8/19/14, 2:31 PM

Thanks Thiery, I have one problem which is the language, I am trying to translate it and will get back when I need your french skills :)

on 11/22/14, 11:14 AM

May http://openerpbook.com/backup/index.html work for you

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

LinkedIn

Blog

Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 7/18/14, 1:15 PM

Auto Backup is a module in community that is used for auto backup of database. It is in 6.0 version but you can use/migrate for 7.0 also.

I have seen the module but i don't have an idea how to convert it to a version 7 module, any help will be great. Please.

on 11/22/14, 11:08 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/13/13, 9:44 AM
Seen: 2179 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM