Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Automatic backup OpenERP 7 on Ubuntu distribution

By
Yassine TEIMI
on 11/17/14, 6:52 PM 867 views

Could some show me the right way to do it, I heard about crontab option, but I don't know how to implement on my server. 

Thanks.

for crontab option see page: Settings/Technical/Scheduler/Scheduled Actions

Temur
on 11/18/14, 2:00 AM

backup of database and files?

aaa
on 11/18/14, 2:44 AM

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 11/18/14, 3:22 AM

Crontab is a Linux/UNIX tools to run a command on specific schedule(s).  You can search to find how it can be admininstered, this link is one of the example.

The menu Settings/Technical/Scheduler/Scheduled Actions that Temur had mentioned provides you a way to schedule something withint Odoo/OpenERP.  But AFAIK, it is not the right tool to choose if you want to do backup.

Now, you need to have something to be run by the crontab.  To back-up database, you need to run pg_dump from command line.  You can find manual for pg_dump in this link.  To back-up files (file system), you can use various tools, simplest would be a tar-compression combinantion like explained in this link.

I meant he already knows about crontab in Unix/Linux, I just wanted to notice that odoo/Openerp also has it's own cron, that makes it possible to schedule some actions. moreover cron of openerp is supposed to be cross-platform, if you'll schedule automated actions with it, it does not restricts you to be on Linux platform. Also you can use this cron to run some external commands with really small python code, including "pg_dump" or any tool of your choice for backup or whatever.

Temur
on 11/21/14, 4:50 AM
George
On 11/18/14, 6:02 AM

Hi,

Have tried this http://gegonotes.com/how-to-backup-openerp-databases-automatically/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/17/14, 6:52 PM
Seen: 867 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM