Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Automatic assignment of a customer number?

By
my
on 3/30/13, 5:18 AM 1,771 views

Hello, does the possibility exist to realize to an automatic assignment of a customer number? If so, how I can do?

Do you mean auto generated sequence number?

Sudhir Arya (SA)
on 3/30/13, 10:26 AM

Yes if I put on a customer, I might that OpenERP awards a customer number. Unfortunately, I do not know how I have to put on a Sequence number.

my
on 3/31/13, 6:20 AM

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

LinkedIn

Blog

Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 3/31/13, 7:10 AM

If you want to know how to generate sequence number you can refer this answer Generate Sequence Number.

Hello , by Sudhir Mishra Arya, thank you for your reply. I have the link open. I have the code inserted into a file, which I costumer_sequence.xml I have called. Hope that is so far right? Unfortunately, I do not yet quite clear where I must save this file, because a search under Windows multiple folders and files.

my
on 3/31/13, 8:08 AM

You must put that file in your module in which you want to use that sequence.

Sudhir Arya (SA)
on 3/31/13, 8:14 AM

Sorry, because I must ask over again. As already mentioned, unfortunately, I do not have too much notion which module I for the customers - not Lieferanten-nehem must go. I suppose that it is the sales module, however, am not sure, whether it not, nevertheless, a module gubt in which contacts are treated in general. A more precise statement would be more helpful.

my
on 3/31/13, 8:52 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/30/13, 5:18 AM
Seen: 1771 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM