This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hello, I want to create automated actions rule, that when task is created, assigned user will get notification email telling information about his task.

The problem is in v7, projects/tasks do not work the same as in openerp v6.1 (in 6.1 I had no problem making such automated task).

When I give trigger time on create date, it does not send any email. When I leave trigger time empty, then it sends email, but then it sends every time something is done with task.

Discard
Best Answer

You can refer the below link.

http://www.zbeanztech.com/blog/automated-task-e-mails-openerp-project-management

If you want to use multiple email id. Use comma between the mails.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

For the above query, the best solution is to trigger a server action that sends an email on task creation. First of all ,you have to create a server action for sending an email under Settings->Technical-> Actions-> Server Actions . In Automated Actions, under Settings-> Technical-> Automated Actions you can define the rule name as Task issued and then an automated action will be created. Then you can create a new email template which should be send on task creation.

Using above flow will provide solution to ur query.

Shruti OpenERP Consultant @OpenERP4You
www.openerp4you.in
sales@openerp4you.in

Discard

hi, I have the same problem, but instead of one user, I want to send email to a group when a task is created. I have a group called supervisors. what do I write for email address in the server actions?

What is the email address for delegated user? When creating your Server Action Tpye = Email, you must put in the email address and it accepts expressions but I do not know what the expression for delegated user would be.

Sorry, I see now this is a different question from the one the OP has asked.

Best Answer

Hi Andrius,

There are lots of changes in sending mail method of OpenERP 6.1 and OpenERP 7.0, so please follow following send method from the link, for sending emails.

If still not working, then try to install sudo apt-get install python-jinja2

See following link,

Send eMail template through code

Hope it work for you.

Discard
Best Answer

You can use

inherit ="ir.needaction_mixin"

this is very easy and work like just as the notification in the facebook. This feature is very powerful in Openerp-7.As the user logged in its account it will get the notification of the pending work he/she need to do, just like Facebook.It's Beautiful. You can have look in the Image in the Menu "Change of Department" image description

Discard
Best Answer

This is a duplicate of https://accounts.openerp.com/forum/Help-1/question/2303

Discard