Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Automated Action Rules - setup

By
Vadims Briksins
on 6/18/15, 8:08 AM 833 views

Hello

As far as i understand from description "Automated Action Rules" add-on which is installed by default would allow to automate some default actions.

For example: 
Assign newly created ticket/task from incoming email to specific person or team (possible depending on incoming email or key words in email content)

However I can find any settings for that "Automated Action Rules" plugin, could you hint me where and how to configure it? Where are settings for it?.

Thank you in advance

Temur

--Temur--
| 6 5 7
Tbilisi, Georgia
--Temur--
Programmer
Temur
On 6/18/15, 8:19 AM

setting page for this module is at "Settings/Technical/Automation/Automated Actions"

UPDATE:

In order to activate "Settings/Technical" page, go to "Settings/Users/Users", open user form, click "edit" button, check the "Technical Features" checkbox and save changes. then refresh page. that's it, Technical submenu will appear.

Thank you for replay Temur, I did come across in this web in Q&A that people were referring to "Settings" -> "Technical" However there are no such options in my case See this screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15715229/Capture/Selection_036.png Where can i find "Settings" -> "Technical" ?

Vadims Briksins
on 6/18/15, 9:29 AM
Ankit Gauri
On 6/18/15, 8:49 AM

hello Vadims 

for automated action you have to create cronjob 

EX

<record id="ir_cron_scheduler_post" model="ir.cron">

<field name="name">Auto Post Rent Line</field>

<field name="interval_number">1</field>

<field name="interval_type">months</field>

<field name="numbercall">-1</field>

<field eval="False" name="doall"/>

<field eval="'model.name'" name="model"/>

<field eval="'auto_post'" name="function"/>

<field eval="'()'" name="args"/>

</record>

after creating this you can see your created automated action  in "Settings/Technical/Automation/Automated Actions"  

Thank you 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/18/15, 8:08 AM
Seen: 833 times
Last updated: 6/18/15, 9:29 AM