Odoo Help

3 Answers
Andre de Kock
9/2/15, 6:59 AM

If you make backups, the best way to do it, I've found, is:

pg_dump --host=$HOST_A --username=$USER_A --verbose $DB_NAME > /tmp/$DB_NAME.backup

And to restore:

createdb --host=$HOST_B --username=$USER_B $DB_NAME

psql --host=$HOST_B --username=$USER_B $DB_NAME < /tmp/$DB_NAME.backup

@Keng Onn:

I solved this by ensuring that any files uploaded to Odoo (any ir.attachment) is stored in the database. You do this by setting an ir.config_parameter called "ir_attachment.location" to "db". The default value is "file" which means that Odoo will by default store ir.attachment objects in the filestore.

2 Comments
Keng Onn
9/27/15, 10:55 AM

thanks for illustrating how you solve this :), but how do you tackle the filestore issue? as in, how to restore other stuff that is not stored in the DB? As well as meta-info such as the modules installed, etc?

Limitless Virtual Enterprise, Andre de Kock
9/28/15, 1:08 AM

@Keng Onn: see updated anwer

Ayham
9/2/15, 4:40 PM

#Andre

Dear, I tested the commands, but when making restore the database not appeared    in the web manager page.

#Ahmed

Yes dear I checked the mentioned link before, all mentioned methods in the scripts have issues

--Qutechs, Ahmed M.Elmubarak--

Qutechs, Ahmed M.Elmubarak
9/2/15, 7:16 AM

Dear Ayham,

Kindly check this link , if you didn't already ...

Kind Regards,

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our eLearning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, use cases and quizzes.

Test it now