Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Auto create Product Template/Product Variant

By
Hieu Lam
on 11/14/16, 11:49 AM 110 views

Hi, 

I observe the following :

1. When we create a product template, it's create a product variant without any variant attribute automatically. 

2. When I create a product variant, it's also create a product template automatically. 

As I will create and import the product template and product variant from a legacy sytem so I don't that to happens. I want to explicitly create the product template and its variant ? 

Can I do that ? Is there any reason why odoo create product template/product variant?

The next question is for now, in the web UI I don't have any ways to link a product variant to a product template, the only work-around I have to do is create variant attributes and it's auto generate the variants. I click on Variants Tab and then I create variant product for that product template there. 

Why I cannot set the product template for a variant directly from the product variant ? 

Thanks. 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/14/16, 11:49 AM
Seen: 110 times
Last updated: 11/14/16, 12:05 PM