This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi, 

I observe the following :

1. When we create a product template, it's create a product variant without any variant attribute automatically. 

2. When I create a product variant, it's also create a product template automatically. 

As I will create and import the product template and product variant from a legacy sytem so I don't that to happens. I want to explicitly create the product template and its variant ? 

Can I do that ? Is there any reason why odoo create product template/product variant?

The next question is for now, in the web UI I don't have any ways to link a product variant to a product template, the only work-around I have to do is create variant attributes and it's auto generate the variants. I click on Variants Tab and then I create variant product for that product template there. 

Why I cannot set the product template for a variant directly from the product variant ? 

Thanks. 

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Hieu Lam,

As no-one has replied yet, I will share my experiences with you. I am new to odoo so I cannot answer all your questions, but I hope it is helpful to give you some response.

I would always create the product template first and select the attributes so that the variants are created automatically.  Is there some reason you want to do it differently?

To import from a legacy system you can use the import function with a csv file and odoo will create both the product template and all its variants.  I had some problems with this at first, but did get it working.   

Discard