Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Authenticate user by XMLRPC and access to OpenERP without entering username/password

By
Evans Bernier
on 10/19/14, 6:15 PM 982 views

Hello,

I would like to authenticate a user from a PHP page and redirect him into OpenERP without having to let him enter is username and password. I saw a lot of articles about APIs and login, but it is only to do some action as search, write and read data. Do you have any solutions for that?

Thanks

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 10/20/14, 5:37 AM

It sounds a bit weird to me; "only some search, write and read" actions is all you do in OpenERP anyways. Doing anything in OpenERP requires a user. Having a user do anything on OpenERP requires login credentials.

If you have these credentials anywhere, then you can easily setup a connection to the API and use OpenERP from that point on. As long as the connection is active, you should be able to do just about anything from PHP.

vote Hello Ludo, I think I misspoke. I have another web platform that all my users are logged in. I want to add a link that automatically authenticate the user in Odoo. When the user clic on this link, I want to open another tab in Web browser with Odoo already logged in. I saw that Single Sign On service should do this, but it is possible to do this with APIs? Thanks

Evans Bernier
on 10/20/14, 9:27 AM
Evans Bernier
On 10/20/14, 9:26 AM

Hello Ludo, I think I misspoke.

I have another web platform that all my users are logged in. I want to add a link that automatically authenticate the user in Odoo. When the user clic on this link, I want to open another tab in Web browser with Odoo already logged in.

I saw that Single Sign On service should do this, but it is possible to do this with APIs?

I saw that I need to get the following cookie to do this : instance0|session_id

Thanks

Aha, now it makes more sense. I don't know of any option that does this though. Currently I am always logged in because of my browser remembering passwords. So when I click on any link that directs to my odoo server, it will not ask me for login. I believe this has to do with setting cookie's. You might want to look into that?

Ludo - Neobis
on 10/21/14, 3:28 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/19/14, 6:15 PM
Seen: 982 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM