Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

AttributeError: 'Field parent_id not found in browse_record(hr.employee, 6)

By
anu
on 9/11/14, 3:11 AM 1,058 views

I cant access employee table ie hr_employee table fields from my new module. It shows error as "AttributeError: 'Field parent_id not found in browse_record(hr.employee, 6)' " Any one please help!!!

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 9/11/14, 6:24 AM

Based on the fact parent_id IS defined in hr.employee, there are 2 possibilities I can think of: the model being accessed is actually not hr.employee or the parent_id field has accidentally been removed either by other module or by someone.  Check in the PostgreSQL database in table called hr_employee whether there is a column called parent_id.  If there is, go to Settings >> Technical >> Database Structure >> Models, see if the Model hr.employee has parent_id listed as a field.  If not, try to remedy it by updating hr module.

Thanks John. now if i login as admin i can access the table, but not for other users. Do you have any idea , what the issue is?

anu
on 9/11/14, 9:33 AM

Which table is it? Anyways, it's a typical problem, caused by the lack of Access Control List. Settings >> Technical >> Security >> Access Control List. The model that represent that table should have a read access for a certain group or globally.

Ivan
on 9/12/14, 1:03 AM

Hi John .. Thanks you. changing the code to resource_id = self.pool.get('resource.resource').search(cr, uid, [('user_id','=', uid)][0] Emp_id = self.pool.get('hr.employee').search(cr, uid, [('resource_id','=', resource_id)][0] corrected my issue.

anu
on 9/14/14, 9:18 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/11/14, 3:11 AM
Seen: 1058 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM