Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

attr invisible Workflow button

Shaumyadeep Chaudhuri
on 7/2/13, 10:54 AM 2,092 views

I'm using a OpenERP V7. I want to make a button invisible when it is not a specific user how can i do this? I'm trying to wrap the buttons in a group and assign attr invisible to it, so far it has not worked for me.

<group attrs="{'invisible' : [('req_department.manager_id.id','!=',user.id)]}">
                        <button name="department_change_accept_accepted" string="Accept" states="accepted" type="workflow" groups="base.group_hr_manager"/>
                        <button name="department_change_reject_accepted" string="Reject" states="accepted" type="workflow" groups="base.group_hr_manager"/>

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 7/5/13, 12:09 PM

What req_department is? I mean what is the type of this field? I guess req_department.manager_id.id doesn't work.

You may try this: [(manager_id,'=',user.id)] and remove states="accepted" from button.

Hope this will work.

Its a many2one field. I couldn't get it to work this way i used a functional field to get it to work by putting the cases in the method and returning True or False and checking for that.

Shaumyadeep Chaudhuri
on 7/9/13, 5:03 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 7/2/13, 10:54 AM
Seen: 2092 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM