This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi there, 

I was wondering if there is a solution for the following issue: 

Assume that 'product A' has 6 different variants (hence, product A only has 1 attribute with 6 different attribute values). Suppose that company X want to purchase 10 units of 'product A'. However, company X does not know what the distributioin of products in terms of attribute values will be at the moment of purchasing the products. After a couple of days the 10 units will arrive and only then the distribution of products in terms attribute values becomes clear. How should company X 'move' his products into the warehouse in such a way that the purchase order is correctly finished and that Odoo knows how many units of each product variant came in? 

Someone faced the same issue before?

Discard
Best Answer

It is possible to modify the order items after the sale is confirmed.  Say if you sold 10 units of a product in white variety, then at the time of ship, you send them 5 yellow and 5 black, you can edit the invoice and delivery order to include the additional product variant and the quantities of each.

It does seem like unusual behavior to ship unknown variants to a customer, but I am sure the is a business case for how it works.  Are you using the built in eCommerce or POS?  Is it possible to leave the order in a quotation state until the final order items are determined?

Discard
Author

Thanks for your comment. I think I could have been a little clearer. By company X i ment our company. So it is all about a purchase order at one of my suppliers. So, hence I will buy 10 units of Product A at my supplier. At the moment of purchase I do not know what the distribution will be of the units in terms of attribute values. So, let's say that I came to an agrrement with the supplier that I always will order the units in white color but the supplier is free to choose what colors he will send to me. For instance, when I unpack the incoming goods I notice there are 3 red, 4 yellow and 3 white units. What is the best way to accept the incoming goods in such a way that the purchase order matches the incoming goods (despite the different colors) and that the stock is up to dat in terms of the product variations?