This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have configured OpenERP to have a product called "Project" which is of type "Service", "Make to Order", "Produce" which trigger a Project to be created for custom products. This will be sent to the production team who will create a new product based on the specifications given (they may also reject the project). The client must pay 50% of the final price before a production project will be started.

Assuming the project gets approval, the manufacturing manager will add a new product which will be of type "Make to order" and add the List of materials (LdM) to this product.

When the product have been finished, must pay the remaining balance before receiving the product. Since the price was already given by the project order, the Manufacturing produced product should list the project as the origin, and the products consumed should be added as project cost for that project.

How can I get the products used as part of a project added to the project as a project cost?

Discard
Best Answer

You can set the analytic account on the purchase order line to the project when you order the components.

Discard
Author

I guess you meant sales order so that I put the same analytical account on the sales order and the manufacturing order? I cannot think of when a purchase order is generated in this case?

Author

There is another problem with this. Even though the fabrication order was "Make to order", I am noticing the final product ended up in the internal inventory. Since the product end in an internal inventory, it does not seem like using "analytical account" is the answer.

I meant purchase order. You need to purchase parts to manufacture the product. When you create a purchase order, you can set on each line the analytic account to the project which will consume the part. This way, every item purchased for a project is added to the total cost of the project, like timesheets or expenses.