Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
GOAL: Associate MULTIPLE SERIAL NUMBERS with a single inventory item
- We have a single TYPE of Widget. The widget has a QTY of 10.
- Each WIDGET has a different serial #. Thus we have 10 serial #'s since we have a QTY of 10.
- We sell that widget to 10 customers. (Because we have a QTY of 10 in stock)
- Each widget we sell decreases the QTY by 1. We need to associate the item we sold with a customer invoice. So we know WHICH customer we sold WHICH WIDGET to with WHICH Serial #.
Is there a way to handle this natively within Odoo? The only solution I see right now is to create a separate inventory item for every item we sell. So, instead of having 1 inventory item with a QTY of 10 we would have 10 inventory items with a QTY of 1.
This is bad for two reasons:
1) Reporting - It's not easy to see which customers we sold this widget to in a single view.
2) It's messy. It would be better to have a single inventory item with multiple serial #'s associated with it then many different inventory items with a single serial #.
Let me know your thoughts on this and how others are handling this!
What you are asking is how Odoo works out of the box.
Single inventory item:
Buy and receive 10 units:
(Click the SPLIT button until you can enter the 3 serial numbers identifying what you received.)
What do you have in stock now?
What are the serial numbers that you have in stock now?
Sell and deliver a Datacard:
Trace the specific serial number from receipt to deliver:
Where (which step) can't you get it to work this way?
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 2/24/15, 5:17 PM|
|Seen: 1951 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|