Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Asset Linear Depreciation Calculation On Non-Full(Partial) Month?

By
Zura Tsiklauri
on 9/22/14, 4:37 AM 1,063 views

As I found, when the depreciation board of purchased Asset is computed, the first month linear deprecitaion is calculated in curious logic(When Prorata Temporis = "True"): Monthly Depreciatiion/Total Days in Year X (Days after Purchase Date Till End of Year). I beleive the correct logic is: Monthly Depr/Days in Purchase Month X (Days after purchase till end of month). These two will give totally different result. Is there any module to calculate with the second one? Can anyone explain why it calculates now with this method???

have you found an answer to this? Googling I found account_asset_management which might help, will post an update after testing it

Victor Bendig
on 12/17/15, 7:07 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/22/14, 4:37 AM
Seen: 1063 times
Last updated: 12/17/15, 7:02 PM