Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Are you an OpenERP/RML expert?

By
Daniel Frey
on 8/21/13, 6:45 AM 2,411 views

Hi

I am disappointed with the OpenERP 7s report capabilities and the standard way to edit them. I tried to change the fonts in the corporate header with OpenERP itself and the reports with the OpenOffice Writer plugin. Apart from the problem of installing a custom font, the result with the Writer is not at all WYSIWYG, but a total mess. I am not sure whether this is a limitation of the SWX2RML or the RML2PDF transformation, but in total 80% of the design is broken. I.e. 1/4pt and 1/2pt borders in tables are clumsily translated to 1pt lines, table cells are adjusted anywhere but rarely where defined in Writer, insets are not respected at all, fixed table cell hights are ignored, aso. It seems the RML can do more precise layouts than OpenERP implements, so I wonder two things:

• is there some RML expert which can do the layouts precisly as designed in a PDF file? Ask me for an example, I have got insufficient karma.
  • what would it cost to design one RML report, say the sales invoice and showing a way to install it?

Cheers Daniel

You may check Aeroo reporting modules. It may be easier to implement.

Mohammad Alhashash
on 8/21/13, 8:50 AM

hello, you can contact me at ali@zedestech.com with ur full requirment

Ali Ravani
on 8/26/13, 8:02 AM

You can contact me at zizo.1988@hotmail.com for more informations about reporting in OpenERP.

LAKHSAM Khalid
on 8/26/13, 2:12 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/21/13, 6:45 AM
Seen: 2411 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM