Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Are these product categories set up correctly?

By
Jeremy Cloutier
on 1/15/15, 11:42 AM 1,296 views

Hello,

I am attempting to get Odoo set up for a small manufacturing startup and I am in need of some advice on the accounts pertaining to the products we both purchase and sell.

Below are the two product categories that I set up and the account that I setup for them. I am unsure however if I structured them correctly, and I don't have access to an accountant at the moment to ask. Any advice that you could offer would be much appreciated, trying to learn as we go is a daunting process.

Inventory - Components
Account Properties

• Difference Account = Gross Profit
  • Income Account = Sales
  • Expense Account = Inventory Purchased

Account Stock Properties

• Stock Input Account = Inventory Purchased
  • Stock Output Account = Cost of Goods Sold
  • Stock Valuation Account = Inventory on Hand - In Progress

Inventory - Finished Goods

Account Properties

• Price Difference Account = Gross Profit
  • Income Account = Sales
  • Expense Account = Inventory Manufactured

Account Stock Properties

• Stock Input Account = Inventory Manufactured
  • Stock Output Account = Cost of Goods Sold
  • Stock Valuation Account = Inventory on Hand - Finished Goods

Those all sound right to me.

Brett Lehrer
on 4/17/15, 12:09 AM
Ahmad Khan
On 7/7/15, 3:39 PM

Can any one Explain these account as  with its internal type and its parents type???

If any body did I shall very thankful to that....

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

6 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/15/15, 11:42 AM
Seen: 1296 times
Last updated: 7/30/15, 7:51 AM