Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

are there modules for the trading processes?

Paulo Lima
on 1/22/14, 7:46 AM 790 views

We are about to start an OpenERP implementation project. So far, i could not find any modules or apps for supporting the trade business. The import / export of merchandises are long term processes that require many documents and controls and are "nice" candidates to be managed by an workflow engine. Does anybody know if are there modules/apps for the trading (import / export) business?

You should never search modules by industry but by feature. Saying that you are looking for modules for the trading industry doesn't tell us anything about the feature you are looking for. Whether you want to manage the time sheets of your employees or the location of the goods you import are completely different features that are necessary in the trade industry and would end up in completely different answers to your question. Please specify.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 1/22/14, 10:17 PM

OK Fabrice, thanks ... I'll try to be more specific. I would like to know if there are modules or functions to support the import/export processes, that for instance: to collect one or more foreign provider's orders (or invoices) and launch an workflow that: allows for requesting/attaching delivery services (customs, transportation, etc.); controls the need for issuing legal documents; controls delivery times, etc. Thanks!

Paulo Lima
on 2/4/14, 11:52 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/22/14, 7:46 AM
Seen: 790 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM