Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Are the xmlrpcs parameters deprecated?

By
Andreas Brueckl
on 2/18/13, 10:01 AM 1,864 views

My question is about the following configuration parameters:

• xmlrpcs_interface
  • xmlrpcs_port
  • xmlrpcs
  • secure_cert_file
  • secure_pkey_file

Are these parameters still used in v7?

I know that the preferred way to secure OpenERP is to install a reverse proxy for the HTTPS handling. However there still exist configuration options for "xmlrpcs". Also in the source code these options are not used anymore.

So are the "xmlrpcs" configuration options deprecated?

Update: I only found the parameters in this addon-file: addons/document_webdav/test_davclient.py

I wonder if it is deprecated or just not-implemented-yet?

Steve Romanow
on 3/3/13, 10:20 AM
Wolfgang Taferner
On 5/10/13, 3:12 PM

Well, presumably it is deprecated and as the web client is now the main client and focus of development I think it will be removed from source code some time in the future. I do not think it was not implemented unintended.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/18/13, 10:01 AM
Seen: 1864 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM