Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Are detailed install and config manuals available for version 7?

Craig Drummond
on 2/23/13, 3:11 PM 1,386 views

I downloaded and have attempted to install OpenERP twice but have run into issues each time because the documentation available is only for version 6 and there are many significant differences.

I would like to be able to download full documentation for each module that describes in detail the installation and configuration. In other words, I want to become an OpenERP expert but I need somewhere to start.

A guided walk through tutorial video\presentations of every step needed to install and configure a fully functional business (including multiple companies, incoming and outgoing email, accounting, sales, POS, project, purchasing, warehouse, manufacturing and human resources) would be extremely beneficial, even if it came at a modest price.

Yannick Vaucher

--Yannick Vaucher--
| 5 7 9
Lausanne, Switzerland
--Yannick Vaucher--
Yannick Vaucher
On 2/23/13, 10:05 PM

Official documentation for v7 has been released[1]

Have you checked on the trunk documentation[2]?

Most of documentation provided by partners and contributors, isn't yet ready. However you can refer mostly to 6.1 documentation. If it helps you the french community made some useful documents[3].

For modules, some of them have explanations in there description on how to install and configure. I also added an overview of modules (but 6.1) in the link below.

Furthermore, you will find on help.openerp.com some valuable information.

[1] Official OpenERP v7 documentation

[2] Official OpenERP trunk developer documentation

[3] Index for French documentation:

[4] Overview of most important OpenERP modules:

I will try to find information in the truck documents. This doesn't seem to be a very good source of learning how to use the product but rather how to develop for it. Unfortunately the french documentation doesn't help me at all. I will check out the openerp-possibilities docuement

Craig Drummond
on 2/24/13, 2:18 AM

Maybe this helps you more? http://doc.openerp.com/v6.1/book/index.html. It is bether to use 6.1 doc than 6.0. In your question your ae talking about version 6 so I'm not sure you took the version 6.1 doc.

Camptocamp SA
on 2/24/13, 5:59 AM

And here are the release notes to know what is new in v7. This is more about usability.

Release Notes

Camptocamp SA
on 2/24/13, 6:06 AM

It seems the official documentation for v7 has been released. I updated my answer in consequence.

Camptocamp SA
on 4/12/13, 1:31 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 2/23/13, 3:11 PM
Seen: 1386 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM