Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Approved Manufacturer List vs. Approved Vendor List

By
John Davenport
on 3/13/13, 9:02 PM 2,186 views

I have seen people ask this same question on this site, and I haven't figured out what the OpenERP solution to this problem is. I would like to get this resolved before I continue developing in OpenERP. I will be developing a solution for an electronics manufacturing company, and here is how they want to do things.

They want to have an internal part number. Let's say it's 321-123456-123. There are several manufacturer parts that can satisfy a requirement for 321-123456-123. They call this the approved manufacturers list. There can be multiple manufacturers part numbers on the approved manufacturer list:

Vishay 123456 Kemet 234567

For each approved manufacturer list, there is an approved vendor list. For the Vishay 123456, I might be able to buy this part at digi-key and avnet.

For each internal part number, there are multiple possible manufacturers. For each manufacturers part, there are multiple possible vendors. Is there a way of implementing this with openerp?

There is a module that allows me to add a single manufacturer part to a product. I have built a simple BOM that looks like this:

Level 1: 321-123456-123 Level 2: Vishay 123456 Kemet 234567

Then I add my supplier information to the vishay and kemet parts. However, if I req 321-123456-123 it will create reqs for both the Vishay and Kemet parts. I found another conversations on alternates. Is there a way to do alternates in OpenERP such that an order for either the Vishay part or the Kemet part would satisfy the requirement for the 321-123456-123?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/13/13, 9:02 PM
Seen: 2186 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM