Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Apply a customer credit to a sales order?

By
Test User
on 4/3/14, 7:30 PM 3,282 views

When processing refunds, the refund is actually accounted for by a credit. I.e. a customer makes a sales order for equipment totaling $100. When they apply for a refund, $100 is added as a customer credit.

OpenERP automatically tries to make entries for bank/cash/etc. How do I change this functionality? I just want this amount summed into a credit note and added as a payment option for future sales orders. It seems OpenERP can do this for suppliers if you overpay but it still does not allow this overpayment to be used in a future purchase order.

After this customer has $100 credit, I need to add this credit as a payment option on another sales order. So if they order $100 worth of products, I can add the credit and the total invoice is now $0. If they order $150, when adding the $100 credit the total invoice is now $50.

Secondly, is there no feature to view these credits on the partner form? Or to even total the amount of credits for all customers under Accounting?

Nilim
On 2/2/16, 12:53 AM

Hi,

W.r.t your query, I had gone through it and tried to replicate it. Based on your requirements few recommendations which I would like to suggest you are :-

1) By default Odoo doesn't have the functionality to convert/add the refund amount as Credit Note,

2) Hence by default in odoo its not possible to use it as a payment option for future sales orders and its also not possible to add this credit as a payment option on another sales order(by default).

3) Similarly, your next query to view the credits on the partner form is also not possible at present by default in Odoo

4) To avail all these functionality you would be required to have customized modules so as to use credit note functionality and also all the above as mentioned by you.

5) We already have a module ready with the name POS Coupons, which caters to your requirements. Kindly find the below mentioned link for more info :-

https://store.webkul.com/Odoo/POS-Point-of-Sale/OpenERP-POS-Coupons.html

We are one of the leading provider of Odoo customized modules, hence in case you require any customization feel free to get in touch with us anytime. We will be glad to help you. To get in touch with us you can simply follow the link as mentioned above.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Sean Samborski
On 4/7/14, 3:21 PM

If you do "Customer Payments" instead of "Register Payments" under the invoice, you can apply your credit. When creating a sales order, there is no way to apply a credit until it gets to the invoice stage.

It would need to be a custom module if you wanted to do it on the sales order and it would need to simultaneously reconcile the open credit on the accounting side as well.

Sean, your answer helped me.

P.V.Anthony
on 1/31/16, 6:27 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/3/14, 7:30 PM
Seen: 3282 times
Last updated: 2/2/16, 12:53 AM