This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I'm trying to generate a Lot/Serial number automatically when someone adds a new item to stock_move_line. The Value is not getting updated though. Could someone point me to the right way to work with that field? I'm quite new with Odoo.

class x_c_template(models.Model):
_inherit = "stock.move.line"

@api.onchange('product_id', 'product_uom_id')
def onchange_generate_lot(self):
res = {}
if self.product_id.tracking == 'serial':
self.lot_name = lambda self: self.env['ir.sequence'].next_by_code('stock.lot.serial')
res = {'domain': {'stock_move_line': [('lot_name', '=', self.lot_name)]}}
return res
Discard

Zendo, Do you mean, you want to set serial number automatically When the record of stock_move_line created?

Best Answer
@api.multi
    res = {}
    if self.product_id.tracking == 'serial':self.lot_name = lambda self: self.env['ir.sequence'].next_by_code('stock.lot.serial')
    return res

Use @api.multi

hope this will helps you.

Discard
Author

@api.multi

res = {}

if self.product_id.tracking == 'serial':self.lot_name = self.env['ir.sequence'].next_by_code('stock.lot.serial')

return res

This works. lambda somehow screws things up and instead of giving back the sequence number I get a weird string. Also using this code, the sequence advances by 2 not 1. I think its because another lot gets created automatically as well and this creates one more on top?

Hello Sehrish! Could you please help me to generate different sequence for products in mrp. By default, lot seq generated commonly for all products.