Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

api.onchange not works

By
José
on 12/29/14, 11:11 AM 680 views

Hello, I am developing a module in Odoo 8 and I want to display a message when a value field changes. In this case, I want to display a warning message when the pricelist associated with a sale order changes. This is my code:

class sale_order(models.Model):
    _inherit = 'sale.order'

@api.onchange('pricelist_id')
    def test_change(self):
        return {
        'warning': {
            'title': "test",
            'message': "testing",
            }
        }

I can install the module correctly, but when I change the pricelist selection in sale.order.form, there isn't any warning message. Why?

Thanks!

José
On 12/30/14, 12:08 AM

I found the solution. The method not works because there is a on_change attribute in the view.xml which calls another method. I override the view, quit the on_change attribute, and then the @api.onchange('pricelist_id') works properly.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/29/14, 11:11 AM
Seen: 680 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM