Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Anyone using PostgreSQL 9.3 with OpenERP 7.0? Feedback? Good? Bad? Same?

Ray Carnes
on 9/20/13, 4:39 PM 2,089 views

Now that there is a stable release of 9.3 - has anyone jumped in and used it with OpenERP 7.0?

Anyone been burned, surprised, unable to notice a difference?

Have you already tried? Can you share your experience?

on 2/12/14, 3:41 AM

We have been using OpenERP 7.0 with PostgreSQL 9.3 - we have not run any benchmarks and do not notice any difference from PostgreSQL 9.2.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 2/12/14, 12:45 PM

I am still on 9.1, but I want to go to 9.3. Is there anything else to do regarding OpenERP 7 except maybe changing port in config file?

on 2/13/14, 5:18 AM

No - create a user like you have before, set the port in the config file. The harder part is that when you install you get a second version of PostgreSQL instead of an upgrade.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 2/13/14, 2:30 PM
Tran Ngoc Tuan
On 4/24/14, 2:12 PM

There is no problem with PostgreSQL 9.3 (at least in my case). I had a serious test with our company database for a month before upgrading our production server to Ubuntu 14.04 (with PostgreSQL 9.3.4 as default) a few days ago.

On 2/12/14, 3:41 AM

Have you already tried? Can you share your experience?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 9/20/13, 4:39 PM
Seen: 2089 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM