This question has been flagged
1 Reply

As title says.. Is anyone using or implemented Point Of Sale in real live production. Any retail stores? If so how does it compare againist quickbooks pos or any if the other ones. Can you offer gift cards, Store credit etc. I cant seem to find anyone actually using it?

Discard

using it in a retail shop since first of january. I don't have any benchmark against concurrent systems.

Me too, working real live production in 23 shops for now. I had to make modules for gifts and credit storage and other needs for the company

Author

Any issues printing from pos printers and cash drawers. What about adding inventory? Are you using Excel and importing or directly into Openerp. Would you be willing to share your Gift and Credit Modules?

Sorry, i cannot share because they are part of a complete module built for my company, and this module contains tons of stuff, so now it's a bit difficult to separate pièces or functions

Author

O.K. I understand what about adding inventory. Lets say a shoe shop that has shoes with different sizes and different colors but the same price. Do you have to add in each product or is there a quick way of adding them all at same price?

You have to make a product Template with variants. You first create variants (size, color, etc) then you create variant options (black, white, red for colors, ans say 42 , 43 , 44 for size). Then you generate the products from here.

To make it short : You create a tamplate You add variants OenERP make all the product for you

You have to find the module : Product Variant Multi from Akretion

Regards

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/opensource-your-shop says it is being used in many shops already and this project will be an extra help.

Best Answer

I've made already several shops using POS and eCommerce and I know there are also plenty of other companies using POS functionality. Though there is no possibility to have a gfit card or store credit in standard Odoo. We need to develop gift card module now for one of the shops if you're intersted in it feel free to contact me at info@hadron.eu.com

Discard