This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi All,

Just re-modified to draw the attention and hope for the help.

And a quick question: can product_custom_attributes or product_multi_variant solve my problem?

I am running into a case that products have to come with multi-attributes in order to meet the needs of powerful data analysis based on these attributes. Below is the example.

Product code: Attribute1,Attribute2, Attribute3,.... (Sales Price)

• A:Round,Frozen,600g,Red,Marinated - ($4.5/kg)
  • B:Round,Chilled,Red,Unmarinated - ($4.4/kg)
  • C:Small,Frozen,Mix,Red,Yellow,Marinated - ($4.35/kg)
  • D:Small,Frozen,Retail,600g,Red,Unmarinated - ($4.6/kg)

Scenarios of Sales Analysis could be:

• The sales of [Frozen + Red + Marinated] products
  • The sales of [Customer + Small + Frozen + 600g] products

Any direction-pointing will be much appreciated! Thanks!

Discard

As far as we can assertain, this is not posible in V7. Yuo need the multi_variant module that was in V6.

I think tagging is the way to go here. The tag function is already in v7 in Customers. Wht would seem to me to be a way forward is to enable tags on everything. It might be appropriate to have independent tag lists per module to stop a single tag list getting too large but in principle I think could help with several use cases.

Best Answer

I see a lot of people confuse the need for multi variant products. This is good for e.g. T-shirts that have e.g. the same price over all sizes and colors with a lot of the same properties.

What you are asking here is putting some properties on a product and doing some analysis on it. Two things you could use already is the category of the product and the analytic account of the product, but these are not many2many. (with many2many your total sales would not be correct in your Sales Analysis if you want to group)

I can not tell you immediately what the easiest solution would be. A possible solution is using the technical features to add a many2many tags field on a product, put a related/function field on the sales order line and then create a view of the salesorder line where you have the amount on the line and you can sum it. Or by programming you could add it in the sales analysis and you could filter on it. (latter is not much work at all, but not in the standard version)

Discard
Author

Thanks Josse! Fully agree with you on that the multi_variant is not the way out for my case and there is indeed a lot of misunderstanding over multi_vairant.

Anyway, your detail reply just boosted my confidence in trying further and I can feel it points to the right direction.

Will come back if there is any development.

Mario