Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

any documentation on web_pdf_viewer ?

By
Abdullah Sofan
on 12/3/14, 10:29 AM 1,070 views

I installed the latest version of odoo 8 (All in one on Windows7)

I also installed wkhtmltopdf and managed to get it to work.

Now I am looking for a way to have the user preview the PDF report before printing withinthe browser. I downloaded "web_pdf_viewer " and installed it as that's what others recommended me to do. However, all reports stillcome out as a download.

P.S. I already downloaded the plugins for chrome and firefox and none of them work.

there really isn't much documentation on this. If anyone managed to get it to work, can you please let me know how you acheived this?

Anyone?

Abdullah Sofan
on 12/4/14, 12:00 AM
Abdullah Sofan
On 12/4/14, 6:53 AM

Thanks to Sajin Aziz instruction, I was able to solve the problem. 

Before you start, Uninstall web_pdf_viewer from Odoo.

1) Download Master Odoo from here: https://github.com/odoo-dev/odoo/tree/master-pdf_viewer_issue-pga
    (Look bottom right for downloading the zip file)

2) Unzip the file and look inside the addons folder for "report" and "web_pdf_viewer"

3) replace the "report" folder in your own addons directory with the "report" forlder from the addons directory you downloaded. After that go into Odoo > Settings> Local Modules and "Upgrade" the module called "Report"

4) place the "web_pdf_viewer" inside your addons directory and install it in Odoo.

That's it. 

Thanks to Sajin Aziz

any link to download the module ?

Qamar Soft
on 4/27/15, 3:20 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/3/14, 10:29 AM
Seen: 1070 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM