I am using odoo-7 since 4 monts on wards. I have sales, purchases, and bank transactions which are there in draft, confirmed, validated statments. I have developed some custom modules that fits to my customer requirements. I want to move this data to odoo-8. How can i proceed for this?. Exporting and importing data easy. But we have to make clone of the odoo-7 to odoo-8, does it possible with this approach is my question?. I hope upgrading from odoo-7 to odoo-8 done by odoo organization. Does this upgrade process allows our coustomized modules?.
This people developed an ETL tool over Odoo, It seems very interesting and easy to use:
I have done it by working with SQL directly. It only takes a few minutes to create a fresh clean database with all the same modules (if they exist for v8). It took me a couple of days to write a very large SQL script. Then it took me another day to test and fix the remaining errors.
It went like this:
- Install all the modules on v8
- Import v7 database to a different schema (call it v7)
- Compare a list of tables between versions
- Compare a list of columns between tables
- Insert into new schema by selecting from old schema
- In most cases, I copied the id and then updated the sequence
- Most of my records could be uniquely identified by the name field, so I used that for mapping where necessary
The mail and messaging stuff was the hardest part to get right.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 12/9/14, 1:14 AM|
|Seen: 1567 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|