Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Another process/thread is already busy executing job `My job`

By
PY
on 9/23/14, 4:00 AM 2,109 views

Hi !

Just to clarify. Should I be worried about this error ? This doesn't seem to be a real issue, and besides, this is not a proper error, it just appears in debug mode.

Thanks ! :)

Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc

--Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
| 5 3 8
Puducherry, India
--Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
Passionate coder in Python/Odoo(formerly known as OpenERP).

Contact me via GMail: atchuthantu@gmail.com via Skype: atchuthan_skype
via Linkedin: http://in.linkedin.com/in/atchuthantu
On 9/23/14, 4:08 AM

Another process/thread is already busy executing job `My job`

You might have a Scheduled Actions available with name = "My Job".  By default, when we start OpenERP server, we have a CRON process that does jobs from scheduled actions and the process is done regularly.

So, CRON job uses a scheduled action to run a process and complete it.  If a process is still running but the scheduler needs to start another instance of the process

Yes, I've created this action "My Job". It takes a very long time to process. If I understand what you are saying, my process is in the queue of jobs to start by openerp ir.cron, but because "My Job" is already running, openerp could not, and should not, do it. Am I right ?

PY
on 9/23/14, 4:41 AM

yes. So, the next job will be scheduled when the process is completed upto which it will mention in the log that the process/thread is busy

on 9/23/14, 5:48 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/23/14, 4:00 AM
Seen: 2109 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM