This question has been flagged

We're doing a project for a non profit organisation in London to setup Odoo 9 and they have a requirement for 2 "dimensions" of analytical accounting. These would be:

1) By project

and

2) By department

For example a line on a bill could be attributed both to a Project and then also to a Department. The idea being that they can look at a project budget and see how that is progressing, or to look at a Departmental budget and see how close they are to hitting budget there too. In the invoice you can only attribute a cost to 1 analytic account. So if I create a project budget account then this means I cannot see the cost as part of a department.

So a particular expense would be say "£1000" for food for an event, say "DB awards night". This should be attributed to the Food costs for that event (a project), but should also be attributed to a department (lets say events department).

We don't expressively need the budgeting functionality on both dimensions (although that would be nice) but we really need to be able to run a report of some form against both the Department costs and also the Project costs and have the £1000 appear in both.

My thought was that we might be able to use the Analytical Account labels to be able to have this multidimensional reporting but I don't seem to see how we can do it or report on them.

Any suggestions anyone has would be gratefully received.

Discard

Maybe this is something for you. It maybe not so flexible but worth a look.

https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/9.0/analytic_department/