This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I'm developing and testing my modules. Every time I make a change I need to update my module. Is it possible to make OpenERP 7 NOT to jump to Messaging every time I update my module? That is very annoying.

Discard

This is the same issue as in the "Initial screen" question which still has yet to be answered and the corresponding bug in Launchpad which has since vanished.

Best Answer

Update your module by relaunching the server with -u

Discard

In Odoo 14 there is no option -u for odoo-bin
I am running Odoo 14 development environment on Windows PC and each time i click the Upgrade button of a module, it redirects to Discuss. How to fix this? I want to stay in Apps.

Best Answer

Refresh with ctrl+r to stay on the same page.

Discard
Best Answer

Use ERPpeek in a separate terminal window and issue a client.upgrade command - See https://erppeek.readthedocs.org/en/latest/api.html#erppeek.Client.upgrade

Discard
Best Answer

you can apply this patch this changes in server it will open setting menu not messaging. when we "Apply Scheduled Upgrades" it will search for next TODO and if it will not get any TODO then it will search for menu which have not any parent and it will launch first from search result.

=== modified file 'openerp/addons/base/res/res_config.py' --- openerp/addons/base/res/res_config.py 2013-03-27 11:10:14 +0000

+++ openerp/addons/base/res/res_config.py 2013-04-03 06:28:07 +0000

@@ -74,10 +74,11 @@

# reload the client; open the first available root menu

menu_obj = self.pool['ir.ui.menu']

menu_ids = menu_obj.search(cr, uid, [('parent_id', '=', False)], context=context)

++ setting_menu = self.pool['ir.model.data'].get_object(cr, uid, 'base', 'menu_administration')

return {
         'type': 'ir.actions.client',
         'tag': 'reload',

+- 'params': {'menu_id': menu_ids and menu_ids[0] or False},

++ 'params': {'menu_id': setting_menu and setting_menu.id or False}, }

Discard