Odoo Help

after "-u all" nightly, missing custom fields on customer contact

By
Powrrr Play
on 10/11/13, 7:16 PM 1,863 views

I installed the 7.0 nightly 20130131 back in February and after configuration I went into developer mode and added two custom fields to the customer contacts under sales. Both were text fields for additional personal information about the customer contact.

After recently upgrading 7.0 using the "-u all" with 7.0 nightly 20131008, these fields have disappeared. How do I recover these fields from/after this upgrade?

Ray Carnes
On 10/11/13, 7:18 PM

If you added the fields to one of the views defined by an OpenERP module, they are gone.

When you add fields, you should add them to a view that you create yourself, that inherits one of the views defined by an OpenERP module.

Note that the data stored by the fields you added is probably still in the database. You would need to add the fields again to see it.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/11/13, 7:16 PM
Seen: 1863 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM