Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Advanced route installation for stock location

By
Sudheendra Walvekar
on 1/9/14, 1:07 AM 2,357 views

Dear All,

I would like to installed Advanced route module for the products in openERP 7. I followed the steps mentioned below

1. Searched for Advanced Routes under Apps under settings.

2. Clicked on Install for Advanced Route. -- the installation was completed

3. Searched for Installed Modules --- I saw the status as To be installed for the Advanced Route Module

4. So, I checked under Apply Scheduled Upgrades under settings. --I saw the 'stock_location' as module to update.

5. Clicked on update.

6. Clicked on Start Configuration

7. Again searched under Installed modules -- But the status still remains as 'To be installed' for Advanced Route Module.

8. Looked under the product form if Logistic Flow tab appears for Pushed and Pulled flows ---But the tab does not appear.

I would appreciate any help in installation of this module.

Regards

Paulo Matos‏
On 8/29/14, 10:19 AM

Hi,

Hope you solved your problem, but anyway perhaps this cloud help others.

Usually when you see a 'To be installed' information as you state, means that for some reason the module was not installed. The reason may vary but the most frequent are: no module found and/or no depency found. Perhaps should be another problem but you have to look at your odoo log file to identify what could be the problem.

The easiest way to check if the module is available for install, is to look at your local addons module folder and see that the module is available (and all depencies - you can view the modules depencies on the technical tab on the apps odoo window).

The Advanced Route module in fact is named "stock_location" module. Go to your local addons folder and confirm that this module is there. This module has some depencies and you must confirm that those are available too. The depencies are: 'procurement', 'stock' and 'sale' modules.

If all modules are available, you will have to check you log file to see what could be the problem. If you're on windows, you log file is under "..:\program files\openerp_instalation_folder\server\server\openerp-server.log".

On linux is dependable on your installation.

Hope this helps

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/9/14, 1:07 AM
Seen: 2357 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM