Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I am customizing OpenERP for a client. I have a situation where my client needs to pay a vendor in advance but the exact invoice amount is not yet confirmed.
The approach I am thinking of, is to create a supplier invoice (account.invoice and corresponding lines), and invoke the payment wizard on that invoice. I am thinking of overriding any function that prevents payment on draft invoices. Later on when the amounts are final, I can make the changes in account.invoice and lines records.
- What adverse accounting/reconciliation effects will this approach have, if any?
- Is there any other, better way of doing this?
EDIT: I tried this approach. The draft invoice gets created and i am able to process a payment. But it doesn't show the payment in the payments section of the invoice. The payment is stored as journal entries / account moves only.
After validating invoice, I try to do manual reconcile... I select the invoice line and the payment line in the reconcile screen and do partial reconcile. Now when I go to the invoice payments section, it shows the payment, but it also brings along many other unrelated journal entries thus upsetting the paid total balance.
1. Create and validate a SUPPLIER PAYMENT for $500.
2. When SUPPLIER INVOICE comes in, create it as usual for $600.
3. Create a new SUPPLIER PAYMENT, you will see the $500 credit, can enter a total payment amount of $100 and apply $500 from the credit.
4. The SUPPLIER INVOICE for $600 is reconciled and closed. The SUPPLIER PAYMENT for $500 is applied and reconciled.
Also, there are modules that manage advance payments:
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 7/5/13, 8:11 AM|
|Seen: 5254 times|
|Last updated: 7/20/17, 12:17 PM|