Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Ads by GoSave on website ???

By
Frank Leysen
on 9/20/14, 4:11 AM 1,410 views

I started from scratch with Odoo 8 (saas) with a free account for max. 2 users. Suddenly, when going to the website, I see 2 banners on it with "Ad by GoSave". Is that normal?

Also, when clicking on some links in one of the modules of Odoo (not the website, but modules like Sales, General Ledger etc...), a new tab opens with commercial messages. What is the purpose of that?

Looks to me as if the Odoo SAAS is hacked.

PS: even on this forum/help page, I see 3 banners !!!

Nanireko
On 11/5/14, 4:27 AM

For mots malware I recommend using malwarebytes or adwclenaer, both free and great. Manual removal is possible too: http://soft2secure.com/knowledgebase/gosave-ads

Dave Jo
On 9/29/14, 2:31 AM

Hi, Frank Leysen! Gosave is indeed a risky adware. Those pop-ups and banners are brought in by Gosave and really annoying. But, it won't disappear itself. You have to clear its extension, show hidden files and remove all its files. After that, try clearing the browser cookies and delete its items in the registry. If you have more than one browser in the system, check them all to see whether this nuisance has taken over them all. More tips to check: http://blog.doohelp.com/how-to-get-rid-ofremove-gosave-ads-virus-removal/. Cheers!

Thanks Dave Jo, Everything is back to normal now. I was able to remove everything from my system.

Frank Leysen
on 9/29/14, 2:53 AM
Michael Bos
On 9/20/14, 5:58 AM

Dear Frank,

AFAIK this is not normal behavior. I haven't  seen any of this before and also have never heard of it before.

Also on this page no banners are visible for me.

Saying that Odoo SAAS is hacked doesn't strike me as a possibility, because then there should be a flood of complaints and I would also see ads now. Is it possible that you installed something of late which wasn't as fresh as you have expected? It looks more like an unwanted browser addon or virus which is making you Odoo look bad.

Did you try running a antivirus software like AVG? You might want to try to online version, just google for it.

You can also uninstall all the software you installed from when this behaviour started.

If you need any more help feel free to contact me!

Here or at info@merp.nl

Hello Michael, Thanks for your reply. Indeed, it was not a problem with Odoo SAAS, but a virus on my PC. I use AVG but this malware virus was not found by it. I needed various malware scanners in order to get rid of it, but now everything seems to be OK again. For your (and others') information, here is the link to a page that I used to solve the problems : http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-gosave-virus/ Have a nice weekend. Frank

Frank Leysen
on 9/20/14, 6:55 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/20/14, 4:11 AM
Seen: 1410 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM