Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Additional website

By
Geoff Kimpton
on 7/16/15, 4:32 AM 384 views

How can I add a second website to my Odoo account?

My aim is to have two seperate sites with different domain names. One local information only site & one national ecommerce site.

Geoff Kimpton
On 7/16/15, 7:41 AM

Thank you.  the multi company option would be best for me as I use the free version of Odoo with no paid support.

That does raise some other questions:

Can one website be created and then copied to my other company?

Can the two websites then be independantly edited?

scot77844
On 7/16/15, 7:09 AM

Hi Geoff Kimpton,

If you want to seperate your ecommerce site into local and national, you can use the concept of multi companies and manage the access accordingly.

If you want two different websites, you need to change the port number and connecting database credentials which will be in the config.py file and host it in a different port number. But if you do in this manner the database will also change and if you want to update any product in both the sites you need to do it twice(one in local and second in national).

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/16/15, 4:32 AM
Seen: 384 times
Last updated: 7/16/15, 7:41 AM