Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Additional Field in invoice line

By
Kerul Patel
on 2/9/13, 8:29 AM 1,497 views

Version: Openerp 7 As per my client requirement I need additional field in invoice line like discount. It will be postage cost. Let say product price is $50, discount is $10 and Postage Cost is $5 then amount for that product should be $45. Means postage cost field value is going to be used in calculation.

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 2/9/13, 9:42 AM

The way to use OpenERP for this need is to add a line in your sale order that summarize the postage cost for all products. You can install the "delivery" module so that OpenERP will even be able to compute the cost for you automatically based on delivery grids.

Example for a sale order with two products:

Product X      3 items     $50
Product Y      2 items     $20
Postage cost                $5

Total                      $75

If you want to do the way you proposed, you will have to develop a specific module. If you do that, I would not suggest to change the logic of the current fields, but rather add new fields that fills in the current fields using on_change methods.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/9/13, 8:29 AM
Seen: 1497 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM