Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Adding transport cost to items [Closed]

By
priyankahdp
on 3/13/13, 10:14 AM 3,996 views

The Question has been closed

by
priyankahdp
on 04/18/2013 07:31:35

How to add transport costs to purchased items.? At the moment above features exists in OpenERP 7 OR need to develop manually ?

ex : When we bought item after quotation calling for 400/= if we need to value it 400+100=500 as value.

please explain me how to do it.?i refer doc but can't found that phase ?

ton123

--ton123--
| 5 6 9
Lisse, Netherlands
--ton123--
End-User. Installed 6.1.1 on a DS412+, DS211+ and DS113J Synology NAS. Reference installation on Ubuntu 12.04/Samsung Notebook. 12-03-2013 In production for Suppliers and Customers, adresbook. 7 small companies. Testing accounting, document management, import and export. Too much showstoppers I haven't fixed at this moment. 06-05-2013 little progress. Migration to v7 impossible because of missing Dutch localisation modules. What I see working is nice, so further testing and asking. Start testing products and warehouse. Happy with this forum and the community.
ton123
On 3/13/13, 2:27 PM

You can define one or more extra product which stands for transport cost. In your regular sales order you can then add an extra sales line for one of these transport cost products. An other possibility is you make the extra sales line and define your transport cost on the fly making your order. If you do so no extra modules are needed, it is al standard.

what about the payment, I should pay the freight price to another company, how can I handle invoicing? and how can I apply the transportation fee to my product's cost price?

Pouya Maleki
on 3/19/13, 7:57 AM

And there is a more realistic case for companies doing import/export: Two manufacturers send goods in a truck, this means two supplier invoices. The company gets one invoice from a foreign transportation company and one from a domestic transportation company. The company gets one more invoice from the agency that handles customs paper work. Altogether 2 invoices from the manufacturers share the costs of the 3 other invoices. These costs have to be distributed among the stockable products of the manufacturers' invoices and cost prices adjusted accordingly.

How to handle this?

Pouya Maleki
on 3/19/13, 7:57 AM

@Pouya Maleki. What you ask is far more complicated than the original question which I answered.

ton123
on 3/22/13, 3:56 AM

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 3/14/13, 4:41 PM

I think you are looking for a landed cost module where the received cost represents both the purchase price and the costs such as freight. We have such a module for 6.0 (a very complex module since our clients requirements were very complex) but have not yet ported to 7.0 and realistically it will be some time away. Not sure if anyone else has dome something similar.

thanks for the infor' dear Kevin.i'll check it

priyankahdp
on 3/15/13, 12:02 AM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/13/13, 10:14 AM
Seen: 3996 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM