Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

adding print button in a newly developed module.

sneha antony
on 3/12/14, 2:06 AM 1,845 views

I had recently developed a module having details of warranty with preventive maintenance list added in it.The screenshot of the view is attached.Screenshot-1.png.In the above form view,the form details like Customer Name,Contract,Warranty status,Details,Serial no,Batch No. etc are defined as base fields and the fields below these(Preventive Maintenance tab) is added as custom field.I want to take the printout of the whole form including the details under the Preventive Maintenance tab also.How to add a print button so that the complete form can be printed?What are the changes to be made in the code?Should I add any new file for this?

Sajad KK
On 3/12/14, 2:21 AM

create a new xml file and add something like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
       <report auto="False" id="report_id" model="model_name" 
                name="report_name" rml="path/to/reportfile"
                string="My Report"/>

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 3/12/14, 2:06 AM
Seen: 1845 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM