Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Adding onchange actions in an inherited class

By
E.M.
on 9/20/15, 12:16 PM 629 views

I am writting a new module which inherits account.invoice adding a new field.

I would like to add an action to populate that new field under an onchange_partner_id event.

However, I would not like to rewrite/replace the whole routine, just do some extra stuff at the end.

Is that possible: to add a second onchange event to be executed after the main class one or in parallel to the main class?

If so, how?

Axel Mendoza

--Axel Mendoza--
| 7 7 8
Camaguey, Cuba
--Axel Mendoza--

DevOps - Full stack - Software Architect - Developer - Technology Integrator

I could help you to develop anything and solve complex problems based on technologies, integrations and tricky stuffs mostly in Python with OpenERP/Odoo, Zato, Django and many others frameworks programming languages and technologies.

I offers consulting services to anyone with an unanswered questions or needs for customizations. Think about it, maybe it's better to have an expert to solve your issues and projects than having a full time employee trying to understand what to do an how

Reach me at aekroft@gmail.com

Axel Mendoza
On 9/20/15, 4:28 PM

check the answer at your other question

https://www.odoo.com/es_ES/forum/help-1/question/error-while-trying-to-extend-onchange-method-in-account-invoice-91110

Thanks Axel. I further elaborate the question so I decided to put a more defined example in separate topic. For those interested a concrete example of this is in the question pointed by Axel.

E.M.
on 9/21/15, 5:52 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/20/15, 12:16 PM
Seen: 629 times
Last updated: 9/21/15, 5:51 PM