This question has been flagged
3 Replies

After upgrading our server to the latest 7.0 revision, there is an issue with adding notes - I hope it doesn't have anything related with user rights, which were not changed with the Note rules. When trying to add new note from the kanban view, user after pressing Add button gets a view like image description When trying to push 'Save' button, he gets an error of:

Access Denied

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: Note, Operation: read)

This error does not occur with admin - otherwise, user which has full rights (including technical features) is not able to save a note. Any ideas how to approach this

Discard
Best Answer

The workaround for now is :

We have to create notes in undefined column & then drag & drop to other columns
Discard
Best Answer

I found the solution here on launchpad:

~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/7.0-opw-603482-msh/revision/9800

Discard
Author Best Answer

Further update on that:

• whenever user has no categories of a note, he is able to add a new note without a problem
  • whenever user has at least one category, he is not able to add a single note (a window with Create: undefined is opened and an exception occurs)

How to deal with this? It seems like user is not able to read his categories after creating one.

It seems like there is a problem with note_note_rule_global - when I do comment out that text, user is able to add a new note, but also sees everyone's notes as well - what is the problem here?

Ok, now I've seen that it's a bug reported on launchpad - https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1259913

Discard

any workround until it's resolved ?