Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Adding note leads to a window 'Create: undefined'?

Mariusz Mizgier
on 12/10/13, 10:37 AM 1,914 views

After upgrading our server to the latest 7.0 revision, there is an issue with adding notes - I hope it doesn't have anything related with user rights, which were not changed with the Note rules. When trying to add new note from the kanban view, user after pressing Add button gets a view like image description When trying to push 'Save' button, he gets an error of:

Access Denied

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: Note, Operation: read)

This error does not occur with admin - otherwise, user which has full rights (including technical features) is not able to save a note. Any ideas how to approach this

Mariusz Mizgier
On 12/10/13, 5:53 PM

Further update on that:

• whenever user has no categories of a note, he is able to add a new note without a problem
  • whenever user has at least one category, he is not able to add a single note (a window with Create: undefined is opened and an exception occurs)

How to deal with this? It seems like user is not able to read his categories after creating one.

It seems like there is a problem with note_note_rule_global - when I do comment out that text, user is able to add a new note, but also sees everyone's notes as well - what is the problem here?

Ok, now I've seen that it's a bug reported on launchpad - https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1259913

any workround until it's resolved ?

Nitin Surana
on 1/21/14, 8:26 AM
Nitin Surana
On 1/21/14, 8:31 AM

The workaround for now is :

We have to create notes in undefined column & then drag & drop to other columns
Miguel Neto
On 2/8/14, 5:19 PM

I found the solution here on launchpad:

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 12/10/13, 10:37 AM
Seen: 1914 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM