Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Adding new search filter while searching customers

on 6/4/15, 5:34 AM 756 views

I work in a support helpdesk call center. Every time I get a phone call I don't know who is calling me. So I was thinking about creating a custom search like shown in the picture http://postimg.org/image/gnmsk42o7/ .

There are default searches like shown in the picture:

Search name for:
Search tag for:
Search Salesperson for:
Search Related Company for:

I want to add Search Phone for:

How to do that?

Also, what do you guys use for Call Center? Because I think that just using ''Log Phone Calls'' isn't just enought. Sometimes I have to create a ''request ticket'' (depends on the call) or a new task. Because sometimes, we send a calling customer a bill, depends on the length and complexity of the customer's problem.

Any help is more than welcome....

on 6/5/15, 4:35 AM

Hello. Search for a module called 'Asterisk Click2dial'. With this module you can instant display the name of your customer on a IP-telephone.

on 10/14/15, 5:35 AM

Akhil P Sivan

--Akhil P Sivan--
| 5 3 6
Kochi, India
--Akhil P Sivan--

Interested in exploring Odoo both technically & functionality wise.

email-id : akhilpsivan01@gmail.com

Akhil P Sivan
On 10/14/15, 10:31 AM

- If you are a developer, you can put the following code in xml file of your custom module:

<record id="customer_multi_search_view" model="ir.ui.view">
<field name="name">Search</field>
<field name="model">res.partner</field>
<field name="inherit_id" ref="base.view_res_partner_filter"/>
<field name="arch" type="xml">
<field name="name" position="after">
<field name="phone" string="Phone" filter_domain="['|',('phone','ilike', self),('mobile','ilike', self)]"/>

- If you are not a developer, you can do the following steps from front end, to have the functionality in your current database:

1. Goto Settings >> Technical >> User Interface >> Views

2. Click on create a new view and only enter the following fields, rest keep default:

View Name : customer_multi_search_view

View Type : Search

Object : res.partner

Inherited View : res.partner.select

View inheritance mode : Extension View

Then under Architecture tab, paste the following:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<field name="name" position="after">
<field name="phone" string="Phone" filter_domain="['|',('phone','ilike', self),('mobile','ilike', self)]"/>

3. Click Save and check in Customers

Hope this helps!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 6/4/15, 5:34 AM
Seen: 756 times
Last updated: 11/20/15, 9:14 AM