Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Adding new modules in OpenERP

By
parag
on 11/7/13, 5:43 AM 933 views

Hi,

I want to add new module in OpenERP, but I don't know from where to start. I also want to customize fields, action and triggers of existing modules. Can someone suggest from where to start. I need someone as consultant and I am ready to pay.

Please contact me at:- parag@encoretel.com

Thanks & Regards, Parag Kumar

parag
On 11/25/13, 12:15 AM

Hi,

I tried to create our custom actions and called business logic , but i didn't get success. Current action is overwriting the ORM methods like write,create, read etc where i am also calling business logic functions. But i want to create custom actions which doesn't overwrite ORM methods and from there i want to call business logic function.

def create(self, cr, uid, vals, *args, **kwargs):             
  username = 'username '
  password = 'password '
  AccessLevel = 'AccessLevel '
  response = pbxdb.ums_pbxdb(username,password,AccessLevel) // calling business logic function

super(cloudswtich_customer,self).create(cr, uid, vals, *args, **kwargs)

I want to create own action from where i can call business logic, not using ORM methods.

Thanks & Regards, Parag Kumar

Form where is this action called?

Zesty Beanz Technologies, Prajul P T
on 11/27/13, 12:54 AM
Prajul P T
On 11/7/13, 5:52 AM

Hi, Please refer https://doc.openerp.com/v6.1/developer/03_modules_1/ (Module Development) and https://doc.openerp.com/trunk/server/03_module_dev_05/ (Example of module creation)

Thanks Prajul,

parag
on 11/24/13, 11:53 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/7/13, 5:43 AM
Seen: 933 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM