Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Adding more than 1 module when creating a report?

on 3/10/13, 11:48 PM 931 views

Hello, I am trying to create a report using OpenOffice plugin. The problem I find is that when I create a new report it asks me to select a module, but it looks the plugin calls modules to classes so selecting just 1 class is not good for me because I need to retrieve data from several classes in my module.

Is there any workaround to this? Thanks a lot!

what is the exact tables/objects/classes you would like to retrieve data from?

Smart Way LLC, Anas Taji
on 3/11/13, 8:24 PM

Hello Anas, thanks for your help. I developed my own module, it has many tables. Lets say one is Buildings and one is Employees. I wish to be able in a single report to list the information on both tables. Is that currently possible? This is a report I need to generate each month, thats why it must include a lot of information. Thanks again!

on 3/11/13, 8:32 PM

Anas Taji

--Anas Taji--
| 6 7 8
Amman, Jordan
--Anas Taji--

Email: anas.taji@smartway-jo.com

Anas Taji
On 3/12/13, 7:54 AM

You need to have a foreign key column to access the other table, lets say we have Buildings & Employees tables, and we have a foreign key in employees from building, then you need to choose the Employees module when creating the report.

Now, you can access both tables Example: - Employee Name: [[ o.name ]] - Employee Building: [[ o.building_id.name ]]

Have a look at this custom module, it contains two reports DOWNLOAD

Thanks, so there must always be a relationship between the tables to be able to use both tables in the same report, is that right?

on 3/12/13, 9:15 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 3/10/13, 11:48 PM
Seen: 931 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM