Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Adding Fields to Forms and Quotes

By
Cody Schmidt
on 10/14/14, 2:59 PM 881 views

Hello,

I just started playing around with the customization functionality that is availble when in developer mode. I am using the Sales module (specifically the quoting tool). There are a couple of fields that I would like to add and have appear on my quotes. I have made it as far as adding the new fields, but when I click the print button, the fields I added to the quoting form don't appear on the printed quote. 

For example, if wanted to add an expiraiton date to the quote. I would click the manage views option in the debug menu. Then I just add a date field to the seciton of the the form that I want it to appear. Is there something else I have to edit, to get new field to appear on the quote? How do I change the formatting of the way the quote prints?

Cody Schmidt
On 10/16/14, 10:53 AM

Thank you for your response. I am on the verge of making this a great tool for our business, but I just need ot know how to customize these reports. Below you will find the form with the highlighted area that I added to the form, this I am not having an issue with. Second you will find the printed report for that form with the field that I added missing. Beside the feild missing I am wondering how I would edit other formation variables on the report, like the width of the "Description" column. Please let me know your thoughts.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2378823/Capture1.PNG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2378823/Capture2.PNG

michel Guénard

--michel Guénard--
| 5 5 8
VIROFLAY, France
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard
On 10/15/14, 5:42 PM

Screensare not the reports!

You probably need to adapt the report, for instance using openoffice report designer.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/14/14, 2:59 PM
Seen: 881 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM